Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time based in Redbridge, within the Children With Disabilities Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £45,869 per annum.
- Provide a quality social work service to children, young people, and their families/carers to ensure an environment which promotes their welfare and that enables children wherever possible to remain within their family network and to live within their communities.
- Ensure that work contributes positively to a child or young person’s safeguarding and wellbeing.
- Undertake assessment of needs of children and their families.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with central government and local guidelines and where appropriate, prepare, present, and implement plans for work with families based on such assessments.
- Support children and their families so that children will be maintained in a safe environment within the family network.
- Involve individuals, families, carers, groups, and communities in decision making, offering them choices and option and link them to support groups and networks.
- Initiate where necessary Care Proceeding, attend Court, and represent the Local Authority.
- Work with children and their families to ensure where appropriate a re-unification, where short term separation has been necessary.
Requirements of Social Worker:
- Recognised Social Work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or approved equivalent, BA Hons Social Work or other relevant degree in Social Work).
- Post Qualification Diploma in Social Work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Minimum of two years Social Work post qualification experience with children, families, and carers, including assessment work with children, undertaking complex Child Protection/Safeguarding, and presenting cases in court.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and be aware of future legislation requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues and how these can be deployed to enhance service delivery effectively.
- Able to work flexibly and work some evenings and occasional Saturdays/Bank Holidays.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.