Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within the Children with Disabilities 0-25 Team based in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £31,869 - £43,887 per annum.
- Provide the highest quality of service at the lowest attainable cost
- Deliver high quality and responsive services
- Carry a caseload (long term and short term) as allocated by the Team Manager / Deputy Team Manager and within the priorities of the Special Needs, Disability and Psychology Service
- Act as a Duty social worker at the direction of the Deputy Team Manager
- Maintain a knowledge and awareness of legislation and departmental policies and procedures, and to work within these
- Act in the role of the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, particularly child/adult protection, looked after child cases and legal proceedings
- Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need / young adults with disabilities and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review
- Make the line manager aware without delay of any complaints received from service users or from other agencies so that the appropriate complaints procedure can be applied and issues of concern are dealt with as swiftly as possible
- Co-operate with Team Administrators in undertaking appropriate administrative tasks relating to cases and Duty and to ensure all administrative tasks in relation to their cases are completed
- Keep file records up to date using the Department's recording guidelines
- Complete reports in respects of court proceedings, adoption and fostering procedures, including the Court of Protection etc
- Recommend financial payments to or on behalf of clients to senior managers where appropriate and within Departmental policies and procedures
- Undertake training as required
- Act as a joint interviewer under the Department of Health Memorandum of Good Practice when required and after completing appropriate training
- To attend meetings, including supervision sessions, as required
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Experience in providing a social work service to children and families gained in a Local Authority, Health Agency or Voluntary Organisation
- Ability to adapt to sometimes differing processes and expectations
- Knowledge of current research undertaken in relation to disabled children and their families
- Ability to select appropriate interventions, taking into account, racial, cultural, religious and disability factors
- Effective oral and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills
This Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.