Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time based in Kingston, within the Children Special Guardianship Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £34,884 - £37,722 per annum.
- Undertake assessments of who can be a Special Guardian, and will provide support alongside this where the child is already in placement under a temporary approval
- Devise support plans and seek approval of these, supporting up to the point of the order and providing support and guidance at post order
- Hold, manage and record accurately interventions of their caseload and this may include supervisory visits, creating or reviewing forms and procedures, providing written or verbal evidence in court as well as contributing towards supporting and advising colleagues and carers
- Work effectively with others and will attend permanency planning meetings and multi-agency meetings
- Actively promote and provide training and development for carers and support and coordinate family finding processes for children aged 12 and under
- Advocating the voices of those we are working with
- Ensure the delivery of unified & effective planning around placements for children & young people
- Monitor referral information; ensuring all children & young people requiring accommodation are treated equally and as far as possible ensuring their needs in relation to gender, race, ethnicity, culture, special needs, disability and education are met
- Taking a strength-based approach to managing situations
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post, including deputising or working flexibly across the week to meet the business demands
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration and proven evidence of continuing professional development
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Knowledge of relevant theory that informs practice delivery
- Experience in building strong partnerships, maintaining relationships and co-producing solutions to challenges across a diverse set of stakeholders, including children, young people and their families
- Experience in keeping and maintaining records (in accordance with local policy) and producing accurate reports, presentations, written updates to a range of stakeholders (which may include families, children or young people)
- Knowledge of statutory legislation (for example Children’ Act) and national policy drivers that will affect children’ services and your role
- Knowledge of SGO, Fostering Regulations and NMS and ensure these are met
- Experience in a Children & Families setting
- Experience in undertaking complex casework within a statutory children’s setting
- Experience of service delivery which is culturally sensitive and responsive to the needs of a multicultural community
- A passion for Achieving for Children's vision, mission and values (trust, empower, respect) to support children and young people to live safe, happy, healthy and successful lives
- Strong organisational abilities including time management, creative-thinking, problem-solving and multitasking
- Able to work flexibly and independently with limited management oversight
- Personal determination, drive, energy and ambition to overcome obstacles, achieve challenging objectives, celebrate success and deliver excellent outcomes for children
- Commitment to resource-sharing and collaborative working within Achieving for Children and across organisational boundaries in the best interests of children and families
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills that are open, honest, persuasive and pragmatic, including excellent negotiation and influencing skills
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.