Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Sudbury for a Social Worker to work 37 hours per week, within the Children in Need/Child Protection Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £30,451 - £33,782 per annum.
- Working with people from within a child’s network who have put themselves forward as a potential carer
- Complete a range of assessments, from viability assessments, connected carers assessments (combining connected persons fostering and Special Guardianship assessments) and Private fostering assessments, whilst supporting and supervising connected persons foster carer’s and working with private foster carer’s and children in Private Fostering Arrangements
- Prioritise the needs of vulnerable children
- Assess, through Viability and Full assessments, potential Connected and SGO carers, and their ability to care for vulnerable children within the Fostering Regulations and National SGO Guidance
- Manage and assess potential risk within the placement
- Provide assessment reports for Suffolk Fostering Panel and Court within timescales
- Support and supervise Connected Persons Foster Carers
- Joint working with colleagues and other professionals to promote positive outcomes for children within their family and friends network when it is safe to do so
- Attend CIC reviews, placement planning meetings and legal strategy meetings when appropriate
- Assess the needs of and risks to children and young people living in private fostering arrangements
- Assess the suitability of carers and arrangements for privately fostered children
- Assume case responsibility for privately fostered children and young people ensuring that services are provided or arranged proportionate to their needs
- Provide ongoing support, advice, and guidance to private foster carers, as required
- Engage in activities across the county to raise awareness of Private Fostering including taking responsibility for specific target areas and projects
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means
All new social workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme. We offer an excellent annual leave package of up to 36 days (including bank holidays), subject to length of service.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.