Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Children in care/16+ Care Leavers Service based in Medway. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £35 per hour (Assignment Rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To provide a high quality and effective professional casework service for young people in care as they transition to independence, taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the social worker's experience. Support the transition of young people from care to independence as they move from the Children in Care teams to the 16+ Care Leavers teams.
- This role is a case holding role of 16, 17 and 18 year old young people in care, managing care proceedings and the associated tasks necessary, supporting young people by ensuring pathways are followed, prior to leaving care and handing over to a Personal Advisor within the team.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Experience of working with children and families.
- Car driver and daily use of a car for business purposes
- Enhanced DBS check.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Rob King; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.