Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work within a Children in Care Team based in Windsor & Maidenhead. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,448 - £42, per annum.
- To work as a member of a Safeguarding and Children in Care providing both statutory and preventative services.
- The teams' main functions are the assessment and planning for those children in the care of the Local Authority.
- Social Workers will work within the context of the relevant legislation and guidance, in particular 'Working Together', 'The Framework for the Assessment of Children and their Families' and the ICS planning documentation for children in care.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children in line with the Children Acts 1989 and 2004, Children and Families Act 2014, and working Together to Safeguard Children guidance 2013, giving due consideration to their race, culture, religion and linguistic background.
- To carry a caseload and be responsible for assessment and planning for children and young people in compliance with casework objectives, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to the children and young people assigned, investigating concerns regarding a child or young person's safety or wellbeing, make an assessment of the risk and protective factors in the family and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
- To work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection and accommodation; if required to give evidence in court; using contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- To undertake pathway planning in line with statutory guidance and ensure that all young people are collaborated with around their pathway plans.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- You will hold a professional qualification in social work or equivalent (eg DipSW, CQSW, CSS).
- Registration with Social Work England
- Post qualifying experience working as a social worker
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.