Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Social Worker to work full time based in Dudley, within the Children and Families Support & Safeguarding Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £32,234 - £38,890 per annum.
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective children’s social care service as part of a social work team, improving outcomes for children and young people.
- Manage caseloads dependent upon experience, grade of post and complexity of cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs assessments, care planning, and child protection investigations.
- Carry out high quality assessments, using child-centred, community focused, and multiagency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships, and to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with Dudley LSCB, departmental policy and procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Holds and manages a varied caseload reflecting the function of the team in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Identifies and assesses levels of risk and need and delivers protective or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after.
- Assesses and analyses need, contributing to and implementing plans and reviewing progress against identified outcomes ensuring that the children’s welfare is paramount throughout.
- Undertakes direct work with children, young people and their families in line with agreed care plans.
- Maintains and develops up-to-date knowledge and relevant skills through continued learning.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- At least two years of frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Skills in assessment, critical analysis and decision-making
- Demonstrates evidence-based practice in social work assessments, decisions and interventions
- Ability to communicate effectively in all formats
- Ability to utilise IT and a willingness to undertake IT training as required
- Be able to drive, hold a valid full driving licence and have the use of a vehicle.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.