Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Barnstaple, within the Child Protection Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £40 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered (such as working from home one day per week or condensed hours) in line with Social Worker’s preferences. If the Social Worker lives more than 50 miles one-way from the proposed work base, there is an accommodation allowance of £150 available per week.
- Work and manage a caseload for complex Child In Need and Child Protection cases as well as cases in legal proceedings and Looked After Children.
- Undertake different assessments, including single assessments, viability assessment, S37 assessments, write court statements and care plans.
- Have good report writing skills, interview and communication skills, and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Undertake statutory visits and ensure performance targets are met.
- Work within a team environment and multi-agency environment. Caseloads are typically at 18 (depending on complexity) and all caseloads above 18 will be reviewed regularly by senior management.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle to make visits, subject to reasonable adjustments that may need to be made in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lauren Minter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.