Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has locum vacancies for Band 6 Social Workers to work part time or full time based in Stafford.
The pay rates for these locum Social Worker jobs are £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and are initial 3-6 month contracts.
This role is office based with some home working.
- Monday – Friday
- 09:00 am – 17:00 pm
- Be accountable on a day to day basis to the Advanced Social Work Practitioner, who will allocate, monitor and review all work through regular informal and formal supervision
- Be professionally supported by the Advanced Social Work Practitioner
- Have a key role to play in relation to supporting the delivery both the personalisation and social inclusion agendas ensuring quality public facing services including health and social care services
- Assessing; accessing; and implementing a range of social care services, and providing guidance/advice and information for adults with acute or long term physical health, mental health needs and for older people and carers
- Be an integrated and supportive member of a team, planning, actioning, monitoring and evaluating work with the supervision of an experienced Social Worker and the Advanced Social Work Practitioner lead
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of health and social care functions for adults/carers within the Community and where relevant Hospital/ Inpatient settings providing social work knowledge and expertise within the domain of assessments, care and support planning, reviews and requests for information, advice and guidance
- Responsible for working collaboratively with other Trust services to provide seamless care for adults/carers on defined care and support pathways with particular emphasis on ensuring safe and effective transitions
- Responsible for working in partnership with agencies external to the Trust supporting adults/carers to access services/support in the independent and non-statutory sector
- Be responsible for upholding Trust Quality standards including Customer Services quality standards to all callers including adults/carers new and/or known to the service, and for obtaining and recording with care and providing up to date/accurate case and performance recording requirements
- Having a protected workload spanning community and Hospital/inpatient working during the first year of employment; having a personal development plan; and having dedicated allocated time for personal development and regular formal supervision by a Practice Assessor supplied by the Trust
- Enhance and develop their practice to become an autonomous practitioner with graded exposed to work of a more complex nature
- Be provided with the support of a Practice Assessor and will receive enhanced supervisory support from other senior colleagues including an identified experienced Social Worker, the Advanced Social Work Practitioner or Team lead
- Be auto-enrolled in the SWLA and aligned to the appropriate British Association of Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework
- Take responsibility for their own Continuous Professional Development
- Provide social work input and support to adults/carers/families helping to promote self-determination, choice and autonomy
- Ensure that the most appropriate influencing statue governs the personalisation pathway framework
- Carry out a range of assessments including holistic “needs” led assessments, care and support planning and reviews, and, where appropriate, initiate a multi-disciplinary assessment
- Be at the centre of the assessment/care and support planning/review and all processes should embrace the principles of Personalisation and Social Inclusion
- Provide social work support to individual adults and their carers and families and involve them in all planning and actions taken, helping to signpost/refer on (where appropriate) and/or develop motivation and daily living skills
- Participating on the duty/ACCESS or priority rota, to carry out a range of functions including screening/ carrying out an assessment for health and social care services for adults and carers utilising a range of assessment tools including a Risk Screening Tool
- Initiate a proportionate assessment where appropriate
- Be at the centre of the assessment/care and support planning, and all processes should embrace the principles of Personalisation and Social Inclusion
Requirements of the Social Workers:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults’ Services
- Car driver essential (mileage paid at 40 p per mile)
- Be flexible and manage a healthy work / life balance whilst maintaining your own wellbeing and effectively managing your stress level
- A proactive approach to ensuring you meet the statutory/mandatory training requirements of your role, and engaging in KSF/Personal Development Conversation processes in line with Trust policy and guidance
- Familiarisation with and adherence to Trust Safeguarding policies is an essential requirement of all employees as is participation in related mandatory/statutory training
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
These Social Worker jobs are advertised by Paige Westbrook; if you are interested in these positions please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.