Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5/6 Social Worker to work full-time (37.5 hours per week) based in Ballymena, within the Community Mental Health Older Peoples Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is£26.50 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
The postholder will be required, from time to time, to work in other areas within and across localities, to ensure timely provision of services as directed by management.
- Work with others and value everyone’s contribution
- Treat people with respect and dignity
- Work as part of a team looking for opportunities to support and help people in both my own and other teams
- Actively engage people on issues that affect them
- Look for feedback and examples of good practice, aiming to improve where possible
- Learn from others by listening carefully to them
- Look after my own health and well-being so that I can care for and support others
- Put the people I care for and support at the centre of all I do to make a difference
- Commit to best practice and sharing learning, while continually learning and developing
- Try to improve by asking ‘could we do this better?’
- Ask someone for help when needed
- Speak up if I have concerns
- Challenge inappropriate or unacceptable behaviour and practice
- Deliver a Social Work Services to individual service users / families/ groups in keeping with social, emotional and community dimensions of the care of people with mental health problems including dementia and their carers
- Undertake Approved Social Worker training as part of the terms and conditions of this post
- Be responsible to the Team Leader for direct provision of appropriate services, in accordance with the policy of Northern Trust
- Devise appropriate packages of care, which effectively harness statutory, voluntary, community and family resources to complement and supplement the services provided by Northern Health & Social Care Trust
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Hold a recognised Professional qualification in Social Work
- Have NISCC registration or be eligible for registration or have lodged an application with the NISCC
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults’ Services
- Sensitive to the different needs and feelings of others and treat people with kindness
- Take responsibility for my decisions and actions
- Open and honest in order to develop trusting relationships
- Be aware of the full range of providers in the community
- Demonstrate practice the HSC values of Working Together, Excellence, Openness & Honesty and Compassion
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them
- A successful pre-employment health assessment
- Be aware that they will lose their legacy protection arrangements and will be entitled to pay protection in accordance with circular HSS (JNF)(1) 2011
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.