Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Blackpool, within the Awaken Child Exploitation & Missing from Home Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Awaken is a multi-agency Child Exploitation and Missing from Home service led by Children's Social Care, Police and Health who's primary function is to support children and young people who are at risk/ victims of child criminal exploitation and/or child sexual exploitation and bring offenders to justice.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- As a Child Exploitation Social Worker, we would like you to have;
- A minimum of 2 years of Social Work experience
- Completed ASYE
- A UK driving license with access to own car
- Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
- At least 2 years' experience in statutory children's social work
- Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
- Experience of court work
- Experience of managing a varied and complex caseload
- Ability to write concise, fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of inputting into children's services data systems (Mosaic; ICS)
- Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Vaughan Graham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.