Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Tower Hamlets, within the Assessment Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Work with the person and other professionals as necessary in order to facilitate the stated functions of the First Response service. This includes the undertaking of proportionate assessments, provision of a safeguarding and/or urgent response, fast track equipment and support provision, signposting and the provision of information and advice.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to colleagues in the First Response service, across the Directorate and to professionals from other partner agencies to help inform people's assessments.
- Lead on cases where a safeguarding concern has been identified and utilise the Council's policies and procedures. The designated manager for Safeguarding cases will be the First Response Team Manager.
- Identify and process any safeguarding and quality of care issues and refer on to the appropriate staff/agency to ensure that clients' welfare is protected and that the quality and standard of support provided is optimised.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Access to Resources team, third sector brokers and the Shorter Term and Longer Term support services to ensure the smooth transition of people through the pathway and directorate.
- Initiate and develop joint working with health related agencies (including GPs and Intermediate care), the third sector, local housing providers and other agencies, in order to facilitate co-ordinated, high quality outcomes for people needing support.
- Ensure reablement is promoted to people requiring support with a view to assisting them to regain or increase levels of independence as far as possible
- Ensure those accessing the service, including families and carers, are at the centre of decision making over their support arrangements and that opportunities for choice and control are optimised and reflected in their assessments and reviews.
- Maintain the Directorate's records by recording assessments and other data accordingly ensuring that all data entered meets the relevant and stated levels of accuracy, quality and timeliness required.
- Ensure value for money principles are applied in all areas of service delivery in consultation with supervisor, manager, stakeholders and partner agencies
- Provide professional supervision for students on practice placements with the team, planning a range of work experience, supporting their development, monitoring progress and supporting the embedding of the student's learning in practice.
- In order to deliver flexibility of staff movement and facilitate optimal service delivery, the postholder will be able to, and may be required to, transfer to other equal Social Worker posts within AHWB operational services area
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jake Merry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.