Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Yeovil, within the Assessment Team.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children always.
- To initiate appropriate safeguarding action to protect children and young people at risk of significant harm.
- To undertake an interview, observations and gather information from children, young people, families, and other agencies to analyze, summarise and evaluate the information to provide a holistic assessment of a child or young person's need, balancing risk and protective factors within a child protection framework.
- To produce focused and purposeful care plans for interventions with explicit aims and objectives about desired outcomes within the context of managing risk to children and young people.
- Undertake regular and/or statutory reviews in accordance with Legislation and Policy to ensure care packages are meeting the needs of children and young people and comply with best value principles.
- Contribute to the promotion and use of preventative and early intervention services within the community to prevent the need for Children's Services or statutory intervention, by actively collaborating with Service Users and partner agencies including schools.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lauren Minter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.