Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Approved Mental Health Professional to work within a Reviews & Accommodation Team based in Richmond. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Approved Mental Health Professional job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- In addition to abiding by the standards set down by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) Social Workers are responsible for ensuring the provision of statutory, personalised outcome focussed services for adults and their carers.
- This incudes the assessment of individual need, the design and review of creative and innovative support plans, and negotiating funding for services with an emphasis on promoting independence.
- In addition, social workers play a key role in safeguarding adults who are at risk and/or have been harmed.
- Undertake assessments of individual and carers needs and risks to encourage independence, provide support and prevent harm. This includes promoting a multi-agency approach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults
- Work in partnership with service users and carers using a person-centred approach, with the aim of maximising independence, wellbeing and choice.
- To hold a caseload appropriate to the level of expertise and provide support and expert advice to social care assessors, students and partners.
- Provide advice, information and guidance to service users and carers ensuring that that support plans and other information regarding individual care packages is shared with the service user, carers and other agencies as required in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures including those on data protection
Requirements of the Approved Mental Health Professional:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services.
- Will need to have a minimum of 2 yrs experience.
This Approved Mental Health Professional job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.