Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Nottingham, within the Aging Well Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Responsible for the assessment, support planning and review of complex individual needs and then initiate and co-ordinate a range of outcomes to meet them.
- Maintain a more complex caseload including safeguarding at work.
- Following appropriate training undertake assessments using a range of health and social care tools, for example, Best Interests Assessor, Decision Support Tool, Continuing Health Care Assessments and Deprivation of Liberty.
- Responsible for the identification of potential reablement opportunities and provide access to those services as required.
- Provide professional detailed information, advice and support to service users and their carers.
- Promote the principles of choice and control, personalisation and self-directed support to ensure that service users can assess and manage their own needs, risks and uncertainties within their chosen living environment and meet their identified short- and long-term goals.
- Identify community and other natural support resources, maximising individuals’ assets using benefits, preventative/universal services and other funding sources.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- A social work qualification recognised by the GSCC.
- Additional qualifications or training relevant to the service area e.g. British Sign Language, Deprivation of Liberty.
- Registered with the GSCC or equivalent body and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Post qualifying award or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of community care services within health or social care RMS REMAS Administration REMAS Job Role Form settings.
- Detailed knowledge of the legislation and policy in relation to adult community care services and of current Adult Social Care and Health policy drivers e.g. Think Local Act Personal.
- At least two years post-qualification experience which clearly evidences the ability to undertake social work tasks and responsibilities within complex and demanding situations where elements of risk will be present.
- Experience of independently managing workload and prioritising demands and tasks to meet objectives effectively.
- Experience of keeping detailed records and constructing reports or formal letter/submissions and of working with members of the public who require support with complex issues.
- Good IT skills.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Paige Westbrook; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.