Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in an Adults Join Community Learning Disability Team based in Richmond. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in adults' services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- In addition to abiding by the standards set down by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) Social Workers are responsible for ensuring the provision of statutory, personalised outcome focussed services for adults and their careers. This includes the assessment of individual need, the design and review of creative and innovative support plans and negotiating funding for services with an emphasis on promoting independence. In addition, social workers play a key role in safeguarding adults who are at risk and/or have been harmed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake assessments of individual and carers needs and risks to encourage independence, provide support and prevent harm. This includes promoting a multi-agency approach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults.
- To work in partnership with service users and carers using a person-centred approach, with the aim of maximising independence, wellbeing and choice.
- To hold a caseload appropriate to the level of expertise and provide support and expert advice to social care assessors, students and partners.
- To provide advice, information and guidance to service users and carers ensuring that that support plans and other information regarding individual care packages is shared with the service user, carers and other agencies as required in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures including those on data protection.
- To facilitate service user choice and empowerment through promoting independence and the personalisation agenda through all stages of assessment, support planning and review to enable service users to maintain independence for as long as possible.
- To monitor implementation of packages of care and support and adjust them as appropriate and to ensure that individual care packages, including funding arrangements for any services, are thoroughly reviewed in accordance with statutory requirements and Council policy to ensure highest quality of service and best value.
- To apply social work ethical principles and values to guide professional practice and respect diversity and apply critical reflection and analysis to inform professional decisions and use supervision to promote continuous professional development.
- To ensure that information is recorded consistently, accurately and meets statutory timescales. To ensure that service user confidentiality is maintained and that information is shared with the service user, care and other agencies in accordance with the Department's data protection requirements.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within adults' services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ronnie Bradford; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.