Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within an Adults Hospital Discharge Team based in Southwark. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £27.27 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Holding a varied and complex caseload.
- Completing Care Act Assessments and care and support plans for long term package of care and placements within residential and nursing home settings.
- Completing rehab assessments for short term care and support.
- Linking to specific ward MDMs and representing the team within these meetings.
- Completing Mental Capacity Assessments and leading on Best Interests meetings.
- Undertaking Adults Safeguarding enquiries in the function of Enquiry Officer.
- Completing NHS checklists.
- Attending, engaging with and advocating for the correct outcomes of DST assessments.
- Team duty responsibility on a rota.
- Triaging role within the hospital Internal Flow Hub (on a rota and as part of the current COVID-19 discharge guidance).
- Working closely with partner agencies and teams.
- Discharge planning and arranging support and package of care for discharge.
- Holding complex cases which require in-depth problem solving to support discharges.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Previous working experience within a hospital team is essential
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.