Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Sutton, within the Adults Hospital Pathway Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Join a busy Hospital Pathway Team in London Borough of Sutton. Hospital based social work team supports the discharge to assess process (D2A).
- The team tracks local residents from admission, through the discharge process and then reviews the care within six weeks of discharge before handing the case over to the community social care teams.
- Expected to assess clients face-to-face.
- Conduct and complete social care assessments and reviews that are proportionate to need, whilst also considering individual needs and preferences and identified risks.
- Enable individuals to identify appropriate outcomes which will meet their needs and aspirations and work with them to achieve these, through an agreed support plan.
- To deliver social care to adult service users and their carers which enables them to make their own decisions.
- To identify risks to the individual and respond appropriately thus ensuring any safeguarding and mental capacity issues are addressed.
- To liaise and work jointly with hospital and community professionals.
- Work with a range of service users including older people, people with physical, mental health and learning disabilities and other adults who may present with dual or complex needs.
- To operate within an agreed performance management and budgetary framework.
- Undertake and coordinate assessments of adults and be responsible for the care management of support plans that arise from the core assessments.
- To carry out a review of the support plan, proportionate to need and risk ensuring agreed outcomes are being met.
- Undertake and lead Mental Capacity assessments and contribute to Best Interest decisions which positively impact on the individual's quality of life.
- Provide information and signposting advice to enable individuals to increase their sense of well-being and to access a range of resources that do not require social care assessments including following up with the individual to ensure that the information provided was satisfactory.
- Liaise and work jointly with key professionals in a variety of settings in order to ensure robust integrated services are provided to adults and that risk and need are identified at an early stage.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Complete ASYE (where applicable).
- Previous hospital social work experience is essential.
- Sound knowledge of IT system / good IT skills knowledge of Mosaic desirable.
- Good assessment skills.
- Sound legislative knowledge.
- Efficient time management and organisational skills.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.