Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work remotely, within the Adult Discharge to Assess Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £39,000 per annum.
- To provide a professional social work service to adults their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of the Care Act.
- To engage with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess and intervene, and using professional judgement, employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control and independence.
- Assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset-based approach and family, friends and community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified. 2
- Actively encourage involvement and ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate and will give clear explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
- Actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. They will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- Ensure that as part of the assessment NHS Continuous Healthcare is considered for all individuals.
- Assist with the duty/intake function of the team as required, providing immediate professional guidance on urgent issues, arranging immediate support to manage risk in line with a personalised approach and escalating issues of concern to more senior staff.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
- Sound knowledge of social care processes and responsibilities in line with personalisation, self-directed support and person-centred planning.
- An understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and in a timely way with individuals, carers families, other professionals and team members which is clear, fluent, concise and jargon free and in a courteous calm and professional manner. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to write assessment documents, letters, emails and reports in a way that is clear and easily understood by anyone reading them.
- Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
- Competent in the use of basic numeracy skills with the ability to understand and explain basic cost information.
- All registered social workers qualifying from 2012 will be required to participate on the ASYE or provide evidence of successful completion of the ASYE or demonstrate capabilities required at ASYE level or higher.
- Applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.