Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Swindon, within the Assessment and Review Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £38,000 per annum.
- Undertake complex person-centred assessments (including assessment of mental capacity where appropriate) with individuals and to plan for the provision and/or services with individuals in order to assist them meet their outcomes and to live as independently as possible.
- Support carers to continue in their role in complex situations.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all information and actively onto the social care records database in accordance with work targets set by the Team Manager and Supervisor.
- Gather sufficient information about individuals in order to assess their needs against eligibility criteria.
- Identify where adults may be at risk and to act in accordance with the Department’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Advise, guide, and support colleagues to meet legal, procedure, and practice requirements.
- Take on formal assessor role for newly qualified social workers undertaking the Assessed and Supported Year (ASYE).
- Write reports for court hearings and present evidence in court, including Court of Protection and High Court.
- Work with older people with short and long term and complex needs providing care and support to enable people to be as independent as possible.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline adult social work.
- Knowledge of health and social care and other relevant legislation policies and guidance.
- Evidence of giving formal supervision.
- Ability to utilise a range of Microsoft and electronic social care record software.
- Able to write clear, complex, and accurate reports.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and partnership working and awareness of the issues involved.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant area.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.