Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within an Adoption Team based in Kent. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,000 - £39,532 per annum.
About the role:
- Manage a caseload of various levels of complexity, involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, to ensure that resources are utilised effectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and their families and to provide assessments for prospective adopters.
- Liaise with adoptive parents, adopted children, social workers, foster carers and birth parents as necessary and appropriate to carry out the work.
- Raise the standard of professional work within the Team by contributing to training initiatives and "in-house" core training courses for Newly Qualified, Developing and Maturing Practitioners whilst consolidating a breadth of social work practice.
- Assist the Senior Practitioner and other colleagues in identifying, planning and delivering its core tasks of recruiting, assessment, training and supervision of adoptive families and foster carers to a high professional standard.
- Keep contemporaneous case notes and regularly update records, reports, plans and assessments so that information and planning for the children is the most relevant and current.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in child development etc., and related theories, legislation, corporate and directorate policies, local and agency practices, in order to disseminate knowledge and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of service.
- Attend regular "in-house" core training courses, compile a portfolio of evidence supported by experiences in the field to achieve appropriate competency levels
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Matt Claydon; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.