Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in an Adoption Recruitment and Assessment Team based in Kent. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £35,541 to £39,532 per annum.
- Manage a high and diverse number of cases within the parameters of agreed policies and practices, together with the professional guidance and support from Senior Practitioners to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and meet their individual needs.
- Work in partnership with the child, parents and carers, Health Service including Acute and Community Trusts and with Primary Care Trusts, Education Authority, District Councils, commercial and private sector and voluntary bodies to identify, evaluate and review care plans to produce positive outcomes for children and their adoptive and foster families.
- Assist the Senior Practitioner and other colleagues in identifying, planning and delivering its core tasks of recruiting, assessment, training and supervision of adoptive families and foster carers to a high professional standard.
- Keep contemporaneous case notes and regularly update records, reports, plans and assessments so that information and planning for the children is the most relevant and current.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in child development etc., and related theories, legislation, corporate and directorate policies, local and agency practices, in order to disseminate knowledge and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of service.
- Attend regular "in-house" core training courses, compile a portfolio of evidence supported by experiences in the field to achieve appropriate competency levels.
- Regularly review the progress and implementation of children's plans and update these based on new assignments or significant changes in the child or family circumstances.
- Prepare applications for submission to Family Courts and represent the County Council's Children & Families Service as and when required in Court in accordance with procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Keep up to date with research findings, theoretical models and innovative practice within the social work field.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Matt Claydon; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.