Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Medway, within the Adolescent Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £37 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To provide statutory assessments and interventions in relation to vulnerable young people aged between 11-17 or those under 11 who are caught up in contextual safeguarding who may present to one or more services as needing help, support or protection.
- To support young people who present as being on the edge of care who are likely to require a period of intensive intervention and ongoing support for as long as it is required.
- To work closely with colleagues from Youth Services, Early Help, Housing and with partners from the Police, Health, Education.
- To comply with legislation, statutory guidance and local policies and procedures.
- To be competent in all areas of the PCF at Social Worker level and The Knowledge and Skills Statement (KSS) for approved child and family practitioners.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Demonstrable experience of working with children and families
- Ability to use 'Signs of Safety' or a willingness to be trained
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking direct work with children and young people and being able to evidence understanding of the child's lived experience.
- Demonstrable experience in relationship and strengths-based practice, working collaboratively with children, young people and their families
- Demonstrable experience in child protection and court work.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Rob King; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.