Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker/Social Worker to work full-time within an Adolescent and Family Resource Team based in Horsham or Worthing. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior/Social Worker job is £30,411 - £44,146 per annum.
- The philosophy underpinning the work of the Adolescent and Family Resource Service is to work both directly and indirectly with groups of young people on the edge of care; who due to family disruption, conflict or abuse and neglect find themselves on the cusp of a statutory intervention and children and young people who are already looked after, where there is the opportunity for reintegration back to the family home. This can also include young people who are subject to a Special Guardianship Order or Adoption Order.
- We work with children and young people between the age of 11 - 17 and their families, extended family and local community. This includes children and young people who may be at risk of CSE, who are missing, out of education, offending or where there is violence within the home.
- As an experienced Social Worker within Adolescent and Family Resource you will join a dedicated team working to deliver first class support to young people and their families. We are looking for emotionally intelligent, organised, resilient individuals who are able to evidence the value they could add to our team.
- As a Social Worker, you'll have a minimum of 5 CPD and training days per year with access to excellent learning and development provisions such as Research in Practice and Community Care Inform, Social Work England fees paid and annual leave up to 29 days.
Requirements of the Senior/Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Current Social Work England registration
- A minimum 2 years' experience within Children's Services
- Knowledge of theoretical Social Work concepts and practices, with demonstrable examples of dealing with complex issues, for example, attachment, impact of developmental trauma and child development.
- Experience of effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as practice role model and promoting exemplary practice.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.
This Senior/Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.