Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Social Worker to work full-time based in Wakefield, within the Forensic Mental Health/Learning Disability Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £23 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Contribute to the planning and provision of an effective forensic mental health service across the Yorkshire region
- Provide a high quality, specialist, forensic social work service to service users and carers
- Work within a multi-agency context to ensure that appropriate social work resources are available to all forensic mental health service users
- Promote the Social Inclusion of all service users
- Work in partnership with health professionals and other key agencies both locally and regionally to meet the needs of service users and their carers
- Enable service users to lead as independent a life as possible consistent with optimising choice and managing risk
- Work within the Operational Policy of the Forensic Social Work Team
- Contribute to meeting performance management targets as agreed with WMDC and the Forensic Service Delivery Group
- Actively promote the Local Authorities Equalities Agenda
- Undertake comprehensive needs assessments
- Plan, implement and review care plans within the framework of the Care Programme Approach
- Provide social work interventions to individual service users and carers as identified within the care plan
- Contribute to the effective assessment and management of risk and protection of others
- Liaise with the Probation Service and make referrals to the relevant MAPPA when appropriate
- Undertake care co-ordination and social supervision of service users living in the Wakefield locality
- Contribute to the provision of specialist multi-disciplinary treatment programmes
- Work with local and regional mental health services to meet service users needs and facilitate effective transfer of care and discharge
- Negotiate for and mobilise resources both locally and regionally
- Liaise with other relevant Health and Local Authorities, agencies and professionals as appropriate
- Provide reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals; Managers Hearings and the Home Office
- Present evidence at Mental Health Review Tribunals, Managers Hearings and other formal meetings as required
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- DipSW or equivalent recognised by CCETSW
- GSCC Registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Understanding of the issues affecting the lives of people who have a learning disability
- Comprehensive understanding of types of mental disorder and effects of mental health problems on individuals and their carers
- Good working knowledge of 1983 Mental Health Act; CPA; and Mental Health Policy
- Good understanding of Care Management and Care Programme Approach
- An understanding of and commitment to Wakefield’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation, government guidance and good practice in all aspects of social work
- Ability to assess needs comprehensively, monitor, review and evaluate interventions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work with/support unqualified team members and value their contribution to the team
- Ability to work with service users who may be difficult to engage
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload
- Good risk assessment skills
- Ability to give evidence at Mental Health Review Tribunals, Managers Hearings and other formal meetings
- An ability to work within a service where Psycho Social Interventions are a key driver in care delivery
- Ability to work within a multi disciplinary team and to acknowledge validity of other approaches
- Excellent report writing skills
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.