Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager to fill a full-time role within a Permanence Team based in Walthamstow.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager job is £50,826 - £53,928 per annum.
- Manage a Team of 6 social workers in SGO & Connected Persons Team & Post Order Support Team)Able to appraise information and make sound judgements and decisions to safeguard children and promote good outcomes.
- Responsible for the SGO/Connected Persons Team - remit covers Viability assessment and Schedule 4 assessment; Connected Person carer assessments and SGO Assessments.
- Case management/oversight of supervision of Regulation 24 carers and unregulated placements.
- Responsible for the Post SGO Support Services - remit covers pre and post SGO support services (assessment of needs; provision of services and ASF applications).
- Work closely with Social Work Teams to ensure court timelines for Viability & SGO & Connected Person assessment are met.
- Attendance at Legal Planning meetings & regular liaison with Legal Services to avoid delays in filing court ordered assessments.
- Attendance at Permanency Planning meetings.
- Attendance and oversight of Permanency Supervision Groups (group/reflective supervision).
- Work closely with partner Agencies - GrandParent Plus & PAC UK and others in the provision of SGO related services for SGO carers pre and post order.
- Work closely with the HOS in reviewing service level agreement for partner agencies
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Qualified Social Work England registered Social Worker
- Excellent management skills - motivation and high-quality supervision of the team will be key to success
- Sound knowledge of the Child Care legislations and Care Planning regulations
- Sound knowledge of the Fostering regulation and National Minimum Standards
- Good knowledge base and practice experience of permanency planning for children
- Good interpersonal skills
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Team Manager job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.