Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Social Work Team Manager to work based in Northampton, within the Peripatetic Team.
The pay rate for this locum Team Manager job is £48,729 - £53,494 per annum.
- Grow and lead a new Peripatetic team within the Northamptonshire Children’s Trust
- Grow and lead a new and innovative team, who will be providing critical support to a variety of areas of the Trust, supporting those different teams, meeting new people, taking on a variety of case-work and working with a broad range of service users
- Be responsible for allocating and prioritising workloads, managing a talented team of Senior Social Workers, who will be working across multiple service areas and effectively ensuring that the care of the child remains paramount
- Be responsible for recruiting and growing this Peripatetic Service, alongside your Management Team, ensuring their continuous development through quality supervision
- Have responsibility for the team plan to meet objectives and ensure performance targets are achieved
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- Be a qualified Social Worker, with current Social Work England registration, and ideally with a Level 5 NVQ Management qualification, or equivalent relevant experience
- Management experience
- A strong, resilient, Social Work Team Manager with a breadth of experience, looking for a new, unique and exciting opportunity to work in a different way
- Be a highly competent and skilled people manager, incredibly organised and able to multi-task
- Have the ability to manage a highly capable Senior Social Worker team and ensure development and performance issues are addressed though support and coaching
- Have experience and knowledge across a range of social work teams and services and demonstrably transferrable skills
- Have had previous budgetary control experience, ICT skills and the ability to represent the service at a more senior level if required
- The ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role
- Enhanced DBS clearance and SW England required
- Willing to undertake annual vetting by Northamptonshire Police, this clearance is required to undertake the role
- Highly competitive salaries
- £2,200 Welcome bonus
- Retention bonus
- Social Work England registration costs
- Flexible working practices, including home working, flexi time and job share
- The opportunity to personally contribute to improving the service
- Monthly high quality supervision
- Up to 27 day’s annual leave plus bank holidays (with service rises to 32 days plus bank holidays)
- Opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
- Subsidised local authority Pension Scheme
- Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
- Employee discount schemes
- Up to £8,000 relocation allowance
- Signs of Safety training
- An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
- Heavily subsidised city centre parking
- Regular engagement opportunities with the CEO
This Team Manager job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.