Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Team Manager to work based in Woking, within the MASH Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager role is £54,725 per annum.
- Manage and develop a county wide based multi-agency triage team that considers requests for level 3/4 requests for assessment and support for families from Children’s Services targeted/specialist teams where it is not clear which the appropriate team to conduct the work is and where there is a need for multi-agency information services information sharing (with parental consent) to decide the best fit.
- Work within the ethos of strengths based motivational practice that aims to keep as many children in need/in need of protection as possible safely within their family.
- Be responsible for making recommendations to the assessment and targeted teams on contacts for them to convert to referrals but the decision on referral status will be made by the receiving team manager, on review of the information gathered in the hub and loaded on EHM.
- Work collaboratively with partners to facilitate efficient processing of information to ensure there is no delay in progressing contacts to the best fit teams to ensure that children and young people's needs are being met and vulnerable children and young people are protected from harm.
- Manage operational effectiveness of the team to deliver services on time and within budget, allocating and prioritising workloads and taking responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed.
- Ensure that social work case records and documentation for all children and young people for whom the team is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure and that decision making on cases is achieved within the services timescales.
- Foster good relationships with the Council’s contact service and provide a social worker on a rota basis to support the Children’s request for support team to make appropriate decisions on referral pathways.
- Work closely with partner agencies that contribute to the Hub’s work and include them in decision making. Maintain close working relationships with the Early Help hub and Assessment/Targeted team managers to promote good learning and efficient transfer processes.
- Manage effective communication of practice, service and organisational issues within the team and work collaboratively across other social work teams, services and with partners to provide high-level integrated support to children and families.
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to the Quality Assurance Framework and manage the effective use of performance processes and systems to promote effective service delivery and drive improvement.
- Ascertain the views, feelings and wishes of children, young people and their parents /carers and use to appropriately inform their care plans and development and performance of services.
Requirements of the Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Extensive, sophisticated and up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy, statutory guidance and legislation in relation to the provision of Health and Social Care services.
- Ability to promote positive working relationships in and across teams, using strategies for collaboration and arbitration.
- Ability to contribute to and provide professional leadership of organisational change and development and address performance management issues that arise.
- Ability to communicate effectively in highly charged, complex or challenging situations to a wide range of audiences for different purposes and at different levels, including public speaking.
- Ability to model and promote a culture of clear communication, supporting the development of effective communication skills in others.
- Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
- Demonstrable experience in successful recruiting, performance managing, coaching, and developing staff.
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people, with a track record of improving children and young people's lives in a UK statutory setting.
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.