Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager to fill a full-time role (37 hours per week) based in Wokingham, within the Fostering Team.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager job is £49,865 - £52,907 per annum.
- Provision of high quality, effective services to children, young people and families
- Provision of effective and high quality Safeguarding services for children and young people at risk of harm within the Signs of Safety practice framework
- Delivery of high quality support and challenge to schools, recognising the Council’s enduring responsibility to promote the best outcomes possible for its children and students
- Development and implementation of effective strategic commissioning for children and adults, working effectively with partners to secure good outcomes
- Delivery of effective and efficient services offering good value for money
- Discharge of the statutory function of the Director of Children’s Services, in conjunction with the Lead Member
- Provide management and support which ensures that the Team delivers a high quality, responsive and flexible service to children and families, working in partnership with other Children’s Services teams, with other statutory and third sector organisations
- Ensure staff are provided with management, supervision, appraisal and professional development
- Have direct responsibility for the management/supervision of 2 Assistant Team Managers and for the 3 social workers in the Family & Friends Team (a sub-team/hub within the Family Placement Team)
- Work closely and collaboratively with managers and practitioners from other Children’s Services teams
- Contribute to the development of policy and practice initiatives and developments across Children’s Services
- Identify and embed best practice
- Responsible for the management of the team and the service delivered, ensuring the service is of a high professional standard, is compliant with legislative, regulatory, national minimum standards, statutory guidance and Ofsted requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge of changing contexts at local and national level and take account of these in service delivery and development
- Responsible for all work held within the team, ensuring that it is prioritised and allocated promptly within available resources, and completed within timescales
- Responsible for high quality reflective professional supervision and appraisal to direct reports which results in consistent high standards of work across the Team; assure the quality and effectiveness of supervision provided to staff within the Team by Assistant Team Managers
- Responsible for ensuring that necessary data is maintained for monitoring and reporting on performance of the service, focusing on and contributing to service improvement, producing reports for senior managers and the Corporate Parenting Board
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work)
- Registered on Social Work England
- Management experience
This Team Manager job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.