Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Team Manager to work based in Bexley, within the Fostering & Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager role is £59,500 per annum.
- Be responsible for supervising, leading, and supporting a team of social work practitioners, and support staff within a statutory service area (ie: child in need, child protection, children looked after, young adults leaving care).
- Due to the nature of the work, you will be expected to work in an often stressful working environment and dealing with a variety of complex, risky, and diverse issues when supporting and safeguarding the young adults you will work with.
- Be responsible for risk management and decision making within the team.
- Contribute to the strategic oversight and development of the service. This will involve making contributions and giving feedback in management meetings on performance as well as promoting and implementing any agreed service or strategic improvement plans.
Requirements of the Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Have extensive experience working in a statutory children’s services setting (i.e child protection, children looked after or leaving care) and at least one year experience supervising practitioners within this setting.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience with professional standards for social work as well as the laws, statutory guidance, and local policies and procedures and to ensure these are being modelled and adhered to within the team.
- Have previous training and/or experience working with a solution focused approach.
- Recognise both areas of strength and safety, as well as worries and danger which will then help inform the next steps in a child’s safety and support plan.
- Have a good breadth of experience working with children and young people and supervising other members of staff.
- Understand the unique needs of this group of young people and will have extensive knowledge of the legislation supporting our work with and for them.
- Have a good understanding of and ability to use IT systems, such as case recording systems (ie: Liquid Logic), word processing (ie: Microsoft Word), Email and Calendars (ie: Microsoft Outlook), Internet search engines (ie: Google or Bing), computers, mobile phones, and secure remote working systems (ie: Wifi, Citrix or Cisco VPN systems).
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.