Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager to work full-time based in Bexley, within the Family Support & Child Protection Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager role is £60,000 per annum.
- Supervise, lead, and support a team of social work practitioners, personal advisors, and support staff within a statutory service area (ie. Child in need, child protection, children looked after, young adults leaving care).
- Be responsible for risk management and decision making within the team.
- Contribute to the strategic oversight and development of the service – make contributions and give feedback in management meetings on performance as well as promoting and implementing any agreed service or strategic improvement plans.
- Recognise both areas of strength and safety, as well as worries and danger which will help inform the next steps in a child’s safety and support plan.
- Provide specialist social work and child protection knowledge and advice to the team service, and other multi-agency professionals that helps them better understand the diverse experiences of the young adults leaving care.
- Liaise, network, influence, and coordinate with other multi-agency partners to provide the best level of multi-disciplinary support to young adults leaving care.
- Ensure that timely response and action is carried out by the team to any contacts, referrals, allocations, complaints, information requests, child protection enquiries, court directives received, and plans for children.
- Chair strategy, review, planning, professional, and network meetings as required.
Requirements of Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Advanced social work or management qualification.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Good understanding of and ability to use IT systems such as case recording systems, word processing, email and calendars, internet search engines, computers, mobile phones, and secure remote working systems.
- Recent post qualification experience in frontline social work, including previous management or supervisory responsibilities of other practitioners working within children and family services.
- Have experience of or willingness to be trained and learn the Signs of Safety practice model and support this approach in all aspects of the work carried out by the team.
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.