Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Team Manager to work based in Blackpool, within the Children’s Social Care and Early Help Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager role is £44,863 - £49,876 per annum.
- To manage the day-to-day practice and delivery of services within a defined Children’s Services team by leading, directing and supporting a team of staff, as directed by the Service Manager.
- To ensure that high quality. Effective services are delivered to children and families, resulting in improved outcomes and which are cost effective.
- To lead on and oversee the maintenance of high-quality practice and standards to drive continuous improvement within your team.
- To support and contribute to relevant aspects of divisional, directorate and corporate initiatives and issues within the council.
- To manage budgetary expectations, keeping a clear view of value for money.
- To ensure that the supervision of staff (including staff from partner agencies) is prioritised as central to effective and safe delivery. Supervision must be regular, undisturbed, reflective in nature and appropriately recorded, distributed and filed in electronic forms in a timely manner. In the fostering service, supervising social workers will undertake supervision of foster carers.
- To actively promote partnerships and integrative practice with agencies and organisations to enhance the lives of people living within Blackpool, or the responsibility of Blackpool.
- To monitor and take responsibility for the effectiveness of Social Care/ Early Help services for children and their family and/ or specialist services within your team. Allocate and monitor work.
Requirements of the Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline adult social work.
- Management qualification or willingness to undertake and complete.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Significant knowledge of child care legislation, national guidance/ national minimum standards and best practice research/ evidence relating to the relevant team/ service area and which improve outcomes for vulnerable children and their families.
- Significant knowledge of wider children and young people’s services including non- local authority provision.
- Understanding of staff management and support arrangements including supervisory requirements and requirements to manage poor performance where necessary.
- Evidence of implementation of quality assurance processes and the monitoring of practice, NMS, policies/ procedures/ legislation and providing management oversight of casework.
- Substantial experience of the ‘whole family’ approach.
- Substantial knowledge of theory and practice, care assessment, NMS, legislation and statutory frameworks relevant to children’s services
- Able to provide examples of excellent written and oral skills.
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.