Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager to fill a full-time role within a Child Development Services based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager role is £57,066 - £64,342 per annum (5k welcome payment).
- The Team Manager is accountable for managing the Child Development Service and for the provision and future planning of services for children with disabilities and additional needs.
- This involves responsibility for supporting inter-disciplinary collaboration and multi-disciplinary team development to ensure effective service provision to children with disabilities and additional needs, including Looked After Children and those who are subject to Child Protection procedures.
- As postholder of this role you will monitor service provision and development, recruitment, continued professional development, appraisals and disciplinary issues for these areas whilst being accountable for the services' budgets and physical resources.
- Other responsibilities include the monitoring and implementation of policies and procedures for the Child Development Service, day-to-day management of disability issues (in the capacity of designated person for disability) acting as lead person throughout Children and Family Community Services through the provision of specialised advice to staff on disability issues, training, conference attendance and staff supervision in relation to disability issues.
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree/Diploma in Social Work).
- Registered on Social Work England.
- Management experience is essential.
This Team Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.