Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager to work full-time within an Assessment Team based in Slough.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager job is £44,665 to £49,444 per annum.
- To work closely with partner agencies to ensure holistic assessment of needs and risk analysis informs effective decision making and planning for the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- To ensure compliance with statutory and legislative requirements.
- To provide high quality reports and written plans for intervention which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
- To chair a range of meetings as appropriate to the role (complex case discussion, review meetings, multi-agency meetings).
- To be responsible for the budget allocated to the hub and manage the allocation of resources (cash and personnel) within the hub which includes commissioning services and assistance from other sources.
- Hold case management responsibility for a hub case load.
- Work closely with Clinicians to develop and implement interventions with children and their families, in various settings including family homes.
- Carry out planned interventions using a range of evidence based methodologies including systemic and social learning theory approaches.
- Support all employee management related matters including sickness absence, capability/performance, conduct, discipline, and grievances ensuring that these are managed according to the Trust's policy framework.
- Ensure effective communication with children and their families and ensure this is embedded into hub activity.
- Ensure that staff within the hub deal promptly and sensitively to complaints from service users in line with the Trust's Complaints Procedure.
- Support the professional development of social workers and Children's Practitioners through structured and unstructured supervision and performance appraisals.
- Manage the social work hub in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and collaborative working between staff and with other hubs and teams across the Trust, partners and other agencies.
- Ensure performance management and use of data and other information informs case work and business decisions and supports an ongoing focus on improvement.
- To collate information and provide reports, statistics and other qualitative information as required.
- Ensure all case files are of a high standard and case recording is well organised and up to date, providing concise and accurate information.
- To develop co-operative and collaborative working relations across the hubs and with other Consultant Social Workers in order that projects or general work matters which impact on more than one social work hub can be carried out efficiently and without delay to the benefit of service users.
- To deputise for the Group Manager in respect of cases, including advising the Trust on high level complex and contentious issues which could potentially have profound implications for the Trust.
- To contribute to the development of policies and procedures for the relevant service area, and to actively participate in policy formulation for the Trust.
- To ensure effective working relationships across the Trust and with partners and stakeholders.
Requirements of the Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.