Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Team Manager to work based in Woking, within the Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager role is £57,735 per annum.
- Manage and develop a geographically based social work assessment team that conducts assessments in accordance with statutory guidelines, policy and standards and Surrey's thresholds of need.
- Develop strengths based motivational practice that aims to keep as many children in need/in need of protection as possible safely within their family. Work collaboratively with partners to deliver effective and safe assessment services which are on time and within budget to ensure that children and young people's needs are being met and vulnerable children and young people are protected from harm.
- Manage operational effectiveness of the team to deliver services on time and within budget, allocating and prioritising workloads and taking responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed. In exceptional circumstances manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution.
- Ensure that social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation for all children and young people for whom the team is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure.
- Provide leadership and professional support to colleagues and other professionals in situations of high complexity.
- Apply extensive knowledge of practice, theory, and legislation to enhance practice, procedures, and policies, promote innovation, and introduce new ways of working from recognised sites of excellence.
- Make use of sophisticated, critical reasoning and both model and facilitate reflective and evidence-informed practice.
- Provide professional leadership on safeguarding issues in collaboration with other senior members of the team.
- When required, monitor, analyse and manage delegated budgets, funding, and resources in accordance with council policies and procedures, or have indirect influence on wider service budget.
Requirements of the Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Extensive, sophisticated, and up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy, statutory guidance, and legislation in relation to the provision of Health and Social Care services.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the needs of children/young people in their specialist area.
- Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people, with a track record of improving children and young people's lives in a UK statutory setting.
- Willing and able to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role, to work from different sites, and work evenings and weekends if required in line with service needs.
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.