Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Team Manager to work based in Redhill, within the Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Team Manager role is £57,735 per annum.
- Manage and develop a geographically based social work family/ adolescent safeguarding team that aims to keep as many children in need/in need of protection as possible, safely within their family. Develop strengths-based motivational practice and use the skills of the multi-disciplinary teams to address parental mental health, substance misuse and domestic abuse.
- Deliver effective and safe family/ adolescent safeguarding services which are on time, within budget, and in accordance with statutory guidelines, policy and standards to ensure that children and young people's needs are being met and vulnerable children and young people are protected from harm.
- Manage operational effectiveness of the team, allocating and prioritising workloads and taking responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed. In exceptional circumstances manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution.
- Ensure that social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation for all children and young people for whom the team is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure.
- Foster good relationships with legal services and local family courts to manage efficient and effective Legal Planning Meeting, Public Law Outline and court proceedings where attempts to support children to remain within their families have not been successful.
- Promote purposeful social work practice, following the service's parenting/group work programmes, and undertake regular clinical and case work supervision that is reflective and clearly outlines the next steps to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Manage effective communication of practice, service and organisational issues within the team and work collaboratively across other social work teams, services and with partners to provide high level integrated support to children and families.
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to the Quality Assurance Framework and manage the effective use of performance processes and systems to promote effective service delivery and drive improvement.
- Ascertain the views, feelings and wishes of children, young people and their parents /carers and use to appropriately inform their care plans and development and performance of services.
- Team Managers deputise for the Service Manager in ensuring operational effectiveness and consistency of service delivery across teams. They support the Service Manager in developing a culture in which children and families are worked with respectfully, with a recognition of their diverse experiences and backgrounds and in a spirit of partnership that encourages families to develop their own solutions and to receive the help and support they need to address their complex issues
Requirements of the Social Work Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people, with a track record of improving children and young people's lives in a UK statutory setting.
- Willing and able to travel around the county to meet the demands of the role, to work from different sites, and work evenings and weekends if required in line with service needs.
This Social Work Team Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.