Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Service Manager to work full-time based in Bexley, within the Leaving Care Service.
The salary for this permanent Service Manager job is £60,306 - £68,610 per annum.
- Be responsible for supervising, leading, and supporting team managers within the leaving care service
- Work in an often stressful working environment and dealing with a variety of complex, risky, and diverse issues when supporting and safeguarding the children and young people we work with
- Be overall responsible for risk management and decision making within your service area
- Be responsible for ensuring an adequate staff compliment is maintained congruent with the workload of the team, as well as managing the recruitment, retention, and support the ongoing learning and development of those within the service
- Help implement the strategic oversight and development of the service
- Making contributions and giving feedback in management meetings on performance as well as developing, promoting and implementing any agreed service or strategic improvement plans
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Management experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with professional standards for social work as well as the laws, statutory guidance, and local policies and procedures and to ensure these are being modelled and adhered to across the service
- Previous training and/or experience working with a solution-focused approach as you will be expected to promote this within the service
- Recognise both areas of strength and safety, as well as worries and danger which will then help inform the next steps in a child's safety and support plan
- Extensive experience working with children and young people and supervising other members of staff and managers
- A proficient ability to communicate in English and be able to influence others in an effort to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible to keep children as safe and well cared for as possible
- Experience and need to lead and endorse decisions about legal planning meetings and supporting practitioners with the court process, especially where care proceedings are necessary
This Service Manager job is advertised by Matt Clayden; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.