Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Service Manager to fill a full-time role based in Wembley, within the Adults Complex Care Team.
The pay rate for this locum Service Manager job is £350 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Line managing up to 4 Team Managers and being responsible for up to 60 members of staff
- Work as an active member of the senior manager group in exercising both statutory and non-statutory council duties for adults and their carers
- Lead on planning and implementation of effective services for all adults as well as developing the workforce and creating a learning environment for staff
- Take responsibility for effective budget monitoring, recruitment and retention of staff, continuous improvement on quality and delivery of services in congruence with both national and local context i.e. the Council’s vision, policy and procedures
- Responsible for managing an average budget of approx. £3m per Service Manager
- Hold overall responsibility for all performance indicators relevant to the service area and to demonstrate ability to work with others to continuously improve outcomes for adults
- Ensure that the service is person centred, of high quality, cost effective, appropriate to the cultural diversity within the borough and addresses identified needs
- Deputise for the Head of Service within your division
- Assist the Head of Service in the strategic planning and commissioning of services for adults
- Work collegiately with colleagues within the Senior Leadership team making a proactive contribution delivering departmental and corporate objectives
- Have oversight and drive of consistent directorate quality assurance activities and measures
- Lead on and support the Practice Framework and provide audit leadership across ASC
- Promote and support the implementation of strengths based practice across the service area and wider department
- Have an oversight and development of policies and procedures across ASC
- Actively promote the ASC Skills Academy and engage with workforce development planning
- Attend both strategic and operations at senior level i.e. C&I Board, DMT etc
- Ensure the active participation of service users and their carers in service planning and delivery as appropriate and use feedback to inform service delivery and staff development
- Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources
- Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service
- Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
- Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards
- Maintain a strategic view of services to ensure that they meet the needs of adults and carers within the service
- Ensure service users and carers are appropriately consulted on the planning and delivery of services
- Assist the Heads of Service to provide reports to Council Committees by providing a full range of information and advice as appropriate and drafting Committee reports as and when required
- Prepare bids to attract funding for service development
- Be accountable for performance indicators that are relevant to service area and work collaboratively with internal and external professionals in order to achieve the best outcomes for looked after children
- Present and share knowledge on clinical justification for equipment
- Provide expert professional advice on complex cases
- Provide high quality services within the service area that meet statutory requirements, e.g. Care Act and corporate and departmental service strategies, specifications and standards
- Liaise with legal team and courts regularly to achieve the best relationship between practice around court work and judiciary
- Ensure that the service sets appropriate objectives and targets, maintains performance against targets and develops and maintains effective casework, workload management and other systems in order to meet the requirements under relevant legislation, policy and procedures
- Manage the effective use of resources, including staff budgets, within the service area
- Assist the Head of Service in developing, implementing and maintaining quality management systems for all major processes within the service area
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work)
- Registered on Social Work England
- Management experience
- Be a member of the Department’s management team attending meetings as appropriate
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Service Manager job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.