Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Stevenage, within the Looked After Children Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £40,745 - £44,880 per annum.
- Shared responsibility for leading and managing less experienced staff
- A key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practise alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised
- Undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment
- Providing high-quality support and planning for children and young people who are in long term foster care, residential care and semi-independent care up until the age of 18
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice
- Strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings
- Be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better
- Recent experience of casework in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings
- In-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation
We will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.