Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Senior Practitioner to work based in Hertford, within the Safeguarding Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Senior Practitioner role is £39,880 - £44,880 per annum.
- Join the team consisting of professionals in children’s and adult social work, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, substance misuse and mental health who work together to tackle the root causes of risk in families.
- Take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- Work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of our care proceedings.
- Support PLO and proceedings work with specialist assessments.
- With a strong focus on the model of practice – motivational interviewing, the service continues to see high levels of success in helping families tackling the toxic issues and keeping more children safely with their families.
- Have shared responsibility for leading less experience staff.
- Have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
Requirements of the Social Work Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team.
- Have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice.
- Excellent written and verbal skills is essential as you will need to prepare and deliver welfare reports to conferences and court hearings.
- Recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings and an in-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation is necessary to undertake work in this role effectively.
This Social Work Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.