Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Senior Practitioner to work based in Tylorstown, within the Review Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Work Senior Practitioner role is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Carry a complex caseload within a service area.
- Undertake Approved Social Work duties, leading joint investigation of child abuse, leading joint investigation of vulnerable adults as appropriate to relevant specialism.
- Act as a resource for staff and management to provide expert professional advice on individual cases.
- Chair ‘strategy’ and other case meetings.
- Promote high standards of professional practice including the importance of good record keeping.
- Provide general support and guidance to Social Workers and other staff, including coaching and mentoring.
- Undertake casework supervision with Social Workers Joint or co-working with less experienced staff including supporting at meetings and court proceedings dealing with complex issues.
- Act as a Practice Teacher/Assessor, PQ Award Mentor, or other formal role to support the provision of learning opportunities.
- Co-ordinate the practice teaching element within the service area.
- Be involved in research and promoting evidence informed practice Having a designated champion role for particular areas of practice, e.g. domestic violence, Continuing Health Care, Carers issues, Anti-Social Behaviour Disorders or sexual exploitation Local needs, structures and skill mix arrangements should not compromise the ability of senior practitioners to fulfil their roles.
- Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults is a core responsibility of all staff.
- Staff are expected to alert their line manager to any concerns they may have regarding the abuse or inappropriate treatment of a Child or Young Person, or Vulnerable Adults.
Requirements of the Social Work Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Care Wales registration.
- Hold a professional development qualification e.g. Practice Teachers Award, PQ, NVQ Assessor Award.
- Three years post qualification social work experience of working with children and young people.
- Experience of supervising others.
- Experience of / involvement in working parties and practice development.
- Experience and understanding of permanency planning.
- Able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely.
- Able to deliver difficult messages sensitively.
- Able to produce clear, accurate and up-to-date reports and record.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Work Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.