Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Senior Practitioner to work based in Bromley, within the Referral & Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Senior Practitioner role is £50,062 per annum.
- To discharge the authority’s responsibilities under the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation with respect to children in need, particularly those in need of protection and those looked after by the authority.
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and childcare policy. This will include responsibility for children and families where needs are particularly complex and problematic.
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- May be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
- Maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures, and managerial guidance.
- Manage a caseload of children and families.
- Make a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework.
- Planning, implementing, and terminating interventions.
- Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services.
- Making referrals to the Community Mental Health Team where adults have particularly complex or problematic needs and maintaining liaison with psychiatric services in order to promote timely and effective management of mental health problems.
Requirements of the Social Work Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Appropriate and relevant post-qualification experience of children and families social work within a statutory, voluntary or independent sector organisation.
- Ability to relate effectively to children, parents and carers, many of whom may be under stress.
- Ability to work as a team member and to form professional partnerships with other staff within the Department, colleagues from other agencies, foster carers and residential workers and health and education professionals. This will include an ability to remain aware of the roles and responsibilities of others and to promote a positive image of the division and department.
- Skills in analysing complex and problematic situations and in formulating, implementing and reviewing, alongside service users, appropriate assessment and intervention programmes.
- Skills in communicating clearly orally and in writing, including an ability to maintain concise case records including Looked After Children documentation and to produce reports for case conferences, courts and other bodies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation, regulations and guidance such as national assessment framework.
- Knowledge of the range of services which are available to children and families and of the organisational framework within which they are provided.
This Social Work Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Charlie Reeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.