Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Brecon, within the Emergency Duty Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Work Senior Practitioner role is £42.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Child and Adult protection investigations, making appropriate decisions regarding the action necessary to safeguard adults and young people and children outside of office hours and without access to formal line management support.
- Provision of support and advice to children and families in urgent cases including the accommodation of children who are unable to live with their family when this is necessary.
- Assessment of vulnerable adults and the provision of emergency services including continuity of service.
- Support the Domiciliary Care and Reablement in-house Service to ensure continuity of service.
- Co-work with colleagues to ensure that all calls are effectively screened, prioritised and responded to in a timely manner and to ensure cover across the North and South of the county.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of legislation and good practice, contributing to the team knowledge base.
- Carry out such other duties, appropriate to the post, as may reasonably be required.
Requirements of Social Work Senior Practitioner:
- At least 4 years post qualification experience as a social worker in statutory social services, including experience of interagency working, undertaking risk assessments, and undertaking child/adult protection investigations.
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Care Wales registration.
- Be an active member of ESSA.
- Be an Approved Mental Health Practitioner.
- PQ1 and Practice Assessors Award or equivalent under the Framework for Continuing Professional Education and Learning that evidences Continuing Professional Development.
- Full current driving licence and access to a vehicle to be able to undertake duties from various locations as situations dictate.
- Live within half an hour travel of North PCC border.
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Work Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.