Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time in a Children with Disabilities Team based in Kingston, Richmond, Twickenham & Chessington. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner job is £40,869-£43,860 per annum.
- Single assessments
- Child in Need meetings
- Care planning including short breaks and Parent Carer Needs Assessments
- Multi - agency working
- Strategy Meetings and section 47 Investigations
- Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Initiating Care Proceedings
- Laptop, phone and systems so you can work remotely
- Local Government salary and pension scheme
- Really good holiday package (up to 34 days per year!)
- Flexible working options - helping to keep a good work life balance
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of staff benefits and discounts managed via your own app
- Positive and supportive working environments A fantastic learning and development offer
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Experience of working with children with disabilities; an ability to communicate with children who may be non verbal and an understanding of the legislation that supports disabled children and their families.
- Strong analytical and planning skills for assessing and reviewing children and young people's needs, and planning packages of care across a range of cases; able to explain professional reasoning, judgements, and decision making.
- Experienced in undertaking child protection investigations, assessments of needs; assessment & appropriate management of risk.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to use different communication styles and techniques to present ideas and influence others.
- Is able to manage the performance or supervision of an activity with a specific object and content with awareness of, and contact with related activities.
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.