Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Walthamstow, within the Children's Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £43,869 - £46,860 per annum.
- Responsible for commissioning placements & resources. This includes statutory social work in regards to regulations and standards.
- Undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of children and young people. Professionally supervise and support other colleagues.
- Conduct statutory and/or complex/specialist assessments of the more vulnerable children and young people and to determine intervention/referral to the appropriate service.
- Plan, deliver and oversee programmes or packages of care and/or support or other interventions for a complex caseload. Monitor and where appropriate review cases.
- Provide professional expert advice and guidance to colleagues and partner agencies in supporting children and young people.
- Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people's interests are supported.
- Maintain properly documented case files, records and information.
- Proactively develop professional knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Carry out all duties with an awareness and understanding of the Safeguarding requirements within area of responsibility
- Mentor and support others in their development.
- Contribute to the Strategic Development of the Service.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- DBS Clearance
- Significant experience in a Children & Families setting
- Experience of undertaking highly complex casework within a statutory children's setting
- Experience of service delivery which is culturally sensitive and responsive to the needs of a multi-cultural community
- Knowledge of Fostering and Residential NMS and ensure these are met.
- Ensure placement searches for C&YP can be evidenced as being transparent, robust and in line with Local Authority care plans.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in assessing complex risk
- Experience of having to interpret, understand and make judgements on the complex interactions between the risk and protective factors in any given situation when arriving at a decision about whether the child or young person is suffering or is likely to suffer significant harm.
- Have high-level knowledge and skills in gathering information from a range of sources, including direct observation of children and young people and their interactions with mothers, fathers and carers.
- Know about the different methods of intervention and, on the basis of a critical review of the research evidence, understand their effectiveness.
- Demonstrate or show evidence of having undertaken and managed to completion no of complex cases and able to demonstrate a high level of conceptualisation of critical analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications.
- Reflective supervision
- Clinical advice and support
- Small teams and manageable caseloads
- Administrative support
- competitive pay package
- Generous pension
- Annual leave starting from 28 days
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Investment in your learning and development as well as a commitment to your wellbeing
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.