Sanctuary Social Care has locum vacancy for a Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Trafford in a Children North Locality Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Work Senior Practitioner role is £31 to £33 per hour (Assignment rate).
Duties of the Social Work Senior Practitioner:
- We are looking for workers who can adopt an innovative approach to supporting children's social care and ensure continuity of care to our vulnerable service users.
- Working on a locality team you will deliver high-quality social work with our children and young people 0 - 18 years. We work a Restorative and Relational approach with our Children and Young People and adopt a practice which offers a high support high challenge model of practice.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a small caseload, and will support in putting the ambitions in place on our improvement journey.
Requirements of the Social Work Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- It is essential that you have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skill in social work assessments.
- You will be able to undertake detailed holistic assessment of children, young people and their families.
- The ability to write clear and concise reports, to maintain case records and to fulfil administrative requirements is essential.
- You will need to be able to work in an unpredictable environment and confidently assess risk and children's needs as well as be able to prioritise, meet deadlines and problem solve on a daily basis
- You will need to be experienced in undertaking child and family assessments and have significant experience of working with children and young people in care as a practitioner
- You will have a thorough understanding of key legislation, regulations, guidance and frameworks as well as experience of multi-agency working in relation to meeting children, young people and family needs paying full regard to information sharing protocols and best practice
- You will have knowledge and experience of preventing escalation of need and the application of early help offer/services to children and families
- You should also have experience of working with complex situations with a focus on problem solving.
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Megan Roberts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.