Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time (40 hours per week) based in Harlow.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £45,000 per annum.
- Be responsible for all staff working within or from the Children's Home as identified by the Service Operations Manager/Directors
- Be responsible for managing all aspects of running the Home, for placements to ensure young people are supported and prepared to move on to their next steps
- Ensure that high levels of emotional and physical care, appropriate activities, comfortable accommodation and the service of keyworkers are planned, provided and applied in accordance with home's Procedures and Strategies
- Be the 'Registered Manager' for the home as specified in the Children's Homes Regulations 2015 and required to fulfil the obligations set out in the Quality Standards 2015
- Be responsible for the management, co-ordination and development of a range of quality services for young people referred and/or accommodated within the home
- Promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within Oakley House Children's Home Services, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of young people
- Provide effective leadership by implementing organisational strategies, in order to enable objectives of Oakley House Children's Home Services to be achieved
- Promote team development and effective team working
- Maximise the effectiveness of staff through motivation, development and the application of Oakley House Children's Home Services personnel policies
- Take the lead in setting standards and evaluating achievements; to take a proactive role in securing improvements in the quality of services provided by Oakley House Children's Home Services
- Contribute to the development of corporate policies and service initiatives, aimed at improving the service provided by Oakley House Children's Home Children's Services
- Ensure that there is a Statement of Purpose in place, which is appropriate to the needs of young people and outlines qualifications, experience and expertise of the staff employed within the home
- Set and review targets and objectives for the home's staff team in order to ensure that work is focused and has clear direction
- Provide operational management of the staff team and to deploy appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled
- Ensure that sufficient back up resources are available in emergency/out of hours situations including participation in an out of hours 'On- Call' rota
- Have line management responsibilities for a staff team, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate induction, supervision, and appraisal
- Be responsible for ensuring a full flow of information into and out of the team and to develop effective communication strategies and systems which assist staff in the operation of their duties
- Take a lead role in the gate keeping and allocation of a range of services provided to meet the identified needs of young people
- Ensure that the staff team are enabled to undertake such duties with young people who are, or who have been resident in order to provide continuity of care where appropriate or to support to transition to fostering services where this is in the best interest of the young person concerned
- Be responsible for the effective management and development of a range of quality direct services to young people
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- Emotional sustainability, sound partnership practice, verbal and written communication techniques, the ability to form lasting relationships, commitment to working issues through, to be tenacious in working in a planned way to achieve the best outcomes for the young person through establishing small achievable targets are required
- Willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
- Demonstrate their commitment to these policies in their day to day work and to treat others with dignity and respect at all times
- Demonstrate a commitment to the vision, aims and core principles of Oakley House Children's Home Limited and be prepared to contribute towards these aims within their staff team
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.