Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Practice Manager to work full-time within an Assessment and Intervention Team based in Crawley. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Practice Manager job is £46,084 - £49,367 per annum.
- The Assessment and Intervention service is a fast paced, busy and supportive duty team completing child and family assessments, Section 47 enquiries, Child Protection and Child in Need work whilst planning for permanence from day one.
- Assessment and Intervention is at the forefront of continuing to implement and develop how this framework can produce the best outcomes for children and ensure they are safe, and their voice is heard within all the work we do.
- The teams continue the development of targeted Child in Need support, with specialist social workers supporting children under Section 17 and focusing on ensuring clear plans and interventions with families. We ensure strong local links with our Early Help colleagues to promote local community support for children and families when social care no longer needs to be involved.
- Delivery of an effective, customer focused service through managing a team or an activity across teams to meet defined performance indicators and business strategies.
- Lead motivate, nurture and manage a team (social workers and unqualified staff), to deliver a children's social care service on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the service provided is effective and delivering the required outcomes, as well as ensuring cases are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provide professional advice and support across a department, supporting policy development and tackling difficult problems of a technical, professional, resource or people related nature as a principal professional within the service specialism.
- Analysis and evaluation of service provision and technical or service specialist information; identifying solutions (according to existing policies and procedures) which shape service delivery. Also, advising/supporting agreed programmes of work through the application of detailed technical knowledge.
Requirements of the Practice Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Current Social Work England registration
- A minimum 2 years' experience within Children's Services
- Experience in dealing with significant issues, for example management of complex child protection matters, staff under performance, managing resources to address team performance priorities through allocation of limited resources.
- Evidence of managing, developing, empowering and leading teams to achieve performance improvements and service developments. Evidence of planning and management of resources and performance over the long term.
- Significant post qualification experience in dealing with significant and diverse issues.
This Practice Manager job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.