Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Practice Improvement Mentor to work full-time based in Slough.
The salary for this fixed term Social Work Practice Improvement Mentor job is £52,618 - £58,261 per annum.
- Be part of a small team which will implement our Improvement Plan and achieve a measurable impact on the quality of our service
- Work as a confident practice mentor to challenge and support frontline staff and managers to improve practice across children's social care, building on best practice in line with the improvement plan
- Act as a champion of good practice, modelling, recognising, celebrating and sharing good practice across the workforce to develop a learning environment and a respectful culture of professional challenge
- Proactively identify the learning needs of practitioners and managers across the workforce, developing and delivering learning opportunities for personal and professional development to improve outcomes for children
- Ensure the Company values are effectively modelled and embedded in practice to achieve our vision of making children safe, secure successful
- Improve the quality and consistency of social work practice acting as a critical friend to social workers, practitioners and managers at all levels
- Work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in company and multi-agency groups where this will influence practice and with the agreement of the post's line manager
Requirements of the Social Work Practice Improvement Mentor:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Higher Degree; Masters degree; Bachelors degree + qualification; NVQ level 5 or equivalent; including all chartered professions and postgraduate qualification
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people
- Think outside the box and work in an agile way
- Practice Educator
- Evidence of management development in the form of a recognised management qualification
- Proven knowledge and application of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and relevant Social Care and Health policy and practice in relation to the provision of services
- Post qualification experience in a social work role managing complex and diverse cases
- Proven experience of managing teams and developing individual and team performance to ensure good outcomes for children
- Evidence of knowing what good looks like and how have driven forward practice improvements with visible impact as a result
- Proven experience and ability to thrive in a complex environment, demonstrating resilience and supporting frontline staff to do the same
- Proven experience of driving forward practice improvements with evidenced impact of this work
- Project Management qualification
- Ability to promote and maintain a high standard of evidenced based professional practice through modelling good practice, sharing latest research and learning, and motivating others to perform at their best
- Acceptance and commitment to the principles of human rights and equality and how they underpin practice
This Social Work Practice Improvement Mentor job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.