Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for an experienced Social Work Interim Service Manager to work in Lambeth, within the Looked After Children & Leaving Care Team.
The pay rate for this locum Interim Service Manager role is £50.67 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Lead the day-to-day operational business of the teams in the service area promoting the best interests of children in accordance with the statutory framework ensuring a prompt and efficient response to all contacts and referrals and the delivery of good outcomes for children, young people, and families.
- Through management of staff and resources ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the Government policy, (keeping up to date with new proposals and initiatives) legislation, council polices and departmental procedures and that these are customer-focused and of the highest possible quality.
- Provide leadership to frontline staff in delivering and implementing any future changes in policies, procedure, or other developments.
- Support the Director and Assistant Directors by advising on strategy, policy, and future direction of the service, ensuring effective feedback and translation into service delivery. Keep senior management informed of any issues or shortfalls in service providing suitable action plans to address these matters.
- Have lead responsibility for meeting the performance targets of the service area and to report these to managers and staff as required.
- To manage budgets and expenditure so as to ensure that resources are optimised. In line with eligibility criteria and priority levels as prescribed in assessment and care management policies and procedures, financial regulations, ensuring value for money.
- To provide leadership in ensuring effective working relationships with other parts of Children’s Services, the Council Departments (in particular Education, Housing and Adult Social Care), external agencies (Health, Police etc.) and the third sector.
- To drive and implement the strategic and operational vision of the department, division, and the Council and to successfully manage the cultural change required to achieve excellent service delivery. This will involve holding joint responsibility for developing the agenda of service improvement and the ongoing development with partners, including schools and voluntary organisations, to achieve effective and excellent multi-agency working focused around the child.
- To take a lead in project managing key Children’s Social Care themes on behalf of Children’s Social Care and to develop joint arrangements with schools and other key statutory and voluntary agencies.
Requirements of the Interim Service Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline social work.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Interim Service Manager job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.